The Production Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of various hourly employees and temporary workers, ensuring that quality products are processed according to various specifications and standards.
Every 3 weeks, the candidate will need to do a rotation shift (day, afternoon, night) with his team.
- Plans and organizes the production activities conforming with quality standards;
- Meeting budget requirements;
- Ensures batch output based on established production schedule, reporting and rescheduling batches that are not produced according to the schedule;
- Direct and ensure that all Production employees, receive the established training (Safety training, Hazard Assessment, Quality, Process, etc.);
- Ensure that proper methods and procedures are being followed and that quality, safety and environmental standards are being met;
- Interact with other Production Supervisors and summarize the production levels produced in previous shifts, and communicate any ongoing problems or issues;
- Audits performance of shifts through a review of production activity reports;
- Oversee and ensure proper sanitation procedures for all plant (HACCP, Safety Food policies, etc.);
- Identify issues and line problems and help determine solutions to minimize downtime and material losses. Liaise with Maintenance, Production, Quality and Shipping & Receiving on a daily basis;
- Responsible for working in a safe manner in compliance with the OH&S and internal safety policies and procedures;
- Lead and coach employees by implementing and maintaining good work and safety standards. Conduct safety talks and ensure employees are trained and adhere to safe work practices and company policies and procedures;
- Assist in updating and/or creating new operating procedures, job descriptions, training and on-line inspection procedures and checklists, as necessary for Production;
- Responsible for monitoring non-inventory supplies;
- Responsible for the conduct and performance of Production personnel and address employee-related problems in accordance with Company policies;
- Facilitates and leads weekly and monthly staff meetings, communicating expectations and concerns;
- Act as a liaison between line employees and human resources regarding company policies and procedures. Ensure that the provisions of the policies are understood;
- Reports major concerns and variances to the Plant Manager;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Degree or diploma in Science or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- 3-5 years similar experience in a production supervisory role;
- Experience in a food/beverage manufacturing environment is preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to solve problems effectively;
- Strong leadership skills and ability to train and engage employees;
- Excellent planning, analytical and organizational skills;
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and other integrated computer software (Kronos; knowledge of BPCS is an asset).
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to email@example.com
About Lassonde Inc.
Lassonde is an active, growing, and innovative company. To support this growth, we are always on the lookout for new, talented people with a serious interest in the agri-food industry—people who will enable us to continue to reach even higher.
Submit my application
your request will be processed as quickly as possible.